by Laura West
I wanted to give you a message today to remind you that the most powerful thing you can do to shift your energy and align your cells with what you want more of… is to have gratitude!
I love to take a few minutes at the end of the week on Friday and do a Gratitude Riot!
It’s fun. It’s easy.
There’s no wrong way to do it.
Get out your journal or a piece of paper or just think it!
Let the words and visuals flow over you for what you are happy for in your life and your business.
Here are some questions to prime your Gratitude Riot list:
- Where in your life and your business are you happy?
- What makes you feel good?
- What makes you feel secure and like you have it together?
- What amazing things happened this week?
- What ordinary things happened that you appreciate?
- What simple routines are you grateful for?
- What success – big and small are you celebrating?
- What signs of beauty have you seen?
- What sings of abundance have you seen in your life and others?
- What synchronicities occurred this week?
Here’s part of my Gratitude Riot list for this week…
- Great coaching calls with new clients and old favorites – makes me feel so good to see them shifting and taking action.
- The sun!
- Birds noshing at the new birdfeeder.
- Lucky Kitty napping on the day bed in my office.
- My son, Sam, completing an extra project that included a video for school. I helped by editing.
- I got a surprise envelope of gorgeous, beautiful beads from Mardi Gras from my New Orleans travel buddy, Beverly.
- I received a card in the mail that made me feel good.
- I sent a card in the mail.
- My sleep number bed – big smiles.
- Two new potential private clients.
- A favorite client is upgrading to a year long program.
- A coach colleague told me that I bring such wisdom to the room. I am wise.
- Dinner with a coaching colleague where we discussed trends and ideas.
- Send Out Cards event last weekend gave me such great ideas about nurturing my clients and community. That feels important to me and now feels easy and creative.
- Was a coach at a two day event – so fun to see this group of women expand and grow!
- Great connections at the event.
- Got out of my office and changed up my environment.
- Lovely calls with my mom.
- Working concession stand at son’s high school baseball game – cold but fun.
- Ideas flowing for my creativity workshop next week.
- Reading The Surrender Experiment.
- Loving my stone collection during my meditation and journaling time.
- Listening to opportunities my housemate has for her university teaching career.
- Jack the pug getting along with Lucky Kitty.
Mmmmm. I just have to savor the goodness for a second.
This is a simple way to shift your energy and align with positive feelings.
And for those of you who want to know… studies have shown when you feel good your body actually has a chemical reaction. Your body gets flooded with happy hormones like oxytocin and dopamine.
AND, with these good chemical vibes flowing, the front part of your brain is activated and all sorts of new things are possible. Because now, you have access to a whole other part of your brain which will help you generate new ideas, tap into curiosity, what if’s, create new solutions, connections and confidence!
Now… go on a Gratitude Riot and create your business ideas from this positive vibe cocktail!
PS: If your positive vibes are running high but you aren’t sure you can do it alone or you are just a super smart person and know that you can lean into anothers’ expertise and experience for a more successful journey – let’s talk about coaching together. Click here to set up a time to talk about possibilities!